MPH Practicum/Internship Experiences with the Allegheny County Health Department
The Pittsburgh Summer Institute in Applied Public Health (PSI) provides an enhanced and productive practicum experience at the Allegheny County Health Department. In addition to working to address real public health problems in the county, participants experience the day-to-day operations of an active health department while working with experienced public health practitioners. In addition to their individual projects, PSI students engage in a group project that exposes them to the multidisciplinary, cross-cutting nature of work that is done in a local health department. The PSI offers a stipend of $1,500 to each student.
- Attendance at orientation.
- Completion of a 200-hour practicum (flexible schedules are possible).
- Completion and presentation of a project that addresses a specific public health need in Allegheny County at Student Showcases.
Qualifications for Summer 2022
- Current University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health student though the summer of 2022
- Must have completed two semesters enrolled as a graduate student by the start of PSI
All applications require completion of a brief online form and submission of a current resume and cover letter.
PSI CLOSING CELEBRATION
Friday, July 29, 1-4 PM
A115 Public Health
Participants in the 2022 Pittsburgh Summer Institute in Applied Public Health present their projects to Pitt Public Health faculty, staff, and preceptors from the Allegheny County Health Department.
Zoom option available. Email Kimberly Rehak (email@example.com) for the meeting link.