MPH Practicum/Internship Experiences with the Allegheny County Health Department
The Pittsburgh Summer Institute in Applied Public Health (PSI) provides an enhanced and productive practicum experience at the Allegheny County Health Department. In addition to working to address real public health problems in the county, participants experience the day-to-day operations of an active health department while working with experienced public health practitioners. Supplementing their individual project, PSI students also engage in a group project that exposes them to the multidisciplinary, cross-cutting nature of work that is done in a local health department. The PSI offers a stipend of $1,500 to each student.
- Participation in program orientation
- Completion of a 200-hour practicum (flexible schedules are possible)
- Completion and presentation of a project that addresses a specific public health need in Allegheny County at the annual culminating event.
Qualifications for Summer 2023
- Current University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health graduate student though the summer of 2023
- Must have completed two semesters enrolled as a graduate student by the start of PSI
All applications require completion of a brief online form and submission of a current resume and cover letter.