Why Become Certified in Public Health?
- Give yourself a boost in the public health job market.
- Becoming CPH distinguishes you from the other 8,000 world-wide public health graduates.
- Helps to establish your credentials when coming to the table with other health professionals.
- More and more public health employers give hiring, salary, and promotion preference to people with the CPH credential.
- Increase the credibility of the public health profession and increase your credibility as a public health professional.
- Become part of the movement to set professional standards for the field.
When is the exam offered?
The exam is offered all year long. If there is a space at a testing center for you, then you may sit for the exam at your convenience. For details and to register, visit the NBPHE Web site.
How do alumni register for the exam?
- Alumni complete all steps of the CPH exam registration.
- We certify that alumni have graduated from Pitt Public Health, and email you access information for the CPH online study guide.
- Alumni receive scheduling permits from AMP.
Testing Centers in the Greater Pittsburgh Area
Yes, there are 3 testing centers within the Greater Pittsburgh area. They are listed here in order of distance from Oakland:
The Pittsburgh location is the closest to Oakland, just 5 miles away.
Edgewood Town Center, 1789 South Braddock Avenue, Suite 296, Pittsburgh, PA 15218
The Cranberry Township location is located 23 miles north of the city. Cranberry Corporate Business Center | 213 Executive Drive, Suite 150, Cranberry Township, PA 16066
The Greensburg location is located 30 miles to the east of the city.
116 E. Pittsburgh Street, Suite 101, Greensburg, PA 15601
Other Testing Centers
- Search for U.S. testing centers
- Search for international testing centers (Note: There is an international testing fee ($100.00) for individuals taking the CPH exam outside of the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. This fee must be paid by the test-taker. The Graduate School of Public Health is not responsible for the payment of the international testing fee.)
Test Prep Resources
- NBPHE has a list of test prep resources, including: content outline of the CPH exam sample questions, practice exam, and study session webinars.
- Alumni and students registered for the current CPH exam are eligible to access these online materials using the school’s log-in code.
For those who have been certified as CPH there is a recertification process for the maintenance of the CPH credential. CPH professionals must earn 50 recertification credits every two years to maintain their CPH status. There is a cost associated with this. The school is unable to cover the cost of this recertification. We encourage graduates to check with their employers for reimbursement. Complete details including approved events for the recertification are available on the NBPHE Web site. The school is pleased to certify events for CPH-CE credits.