What We Do: Creating Healthier Communities
Healthy people living in thriving and equitable communities.
We seek to improve and promote health and equity by engaging individuals, communities, and systems through our research, teaching, and practice.
- Open communication
- Active collaboration
- Integrated and strength-based approaches
- Social justice and health equity
- Application of knowledge in the context of people’s lives
- Professional Development: preparing the public health workforce for the twenty-first century.
- Community Engagement: engaging with communities in mutually beneficial and respectful ways.
- Health Equity: reducing health disparities and promoting health for all.
- Evaluation: ensuring that program and policy efforts lead to optimal results
- LGBT Health: leading efforts to promote health in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender populations
- Methods Innovation: using novel applications of tools to advance research and improve health