Students must submit an electronic document prepared according to the specific requirements for ETDs using the institutional repository D-Scholarship@Pitt. Templates are available to help:
These templates offer many shortcuts and automatic features that allow you to quickly format your paper according to Pitt's guidelines. These templates are not self-explanatory, however, so understanding how they work before using them is necessary. Ready to get started? Click here for ETD format guidelines, template instructions, citation management, video tutorials, and more. Be sure to also review the detailed rules summarized in this academic handbook.
- Upload thesis to D-Scholarship (remains in Student Affairs queue until reviewed) following the Submissions Steps. For additional guidance see the Thesis D-Scholarship Account Info PDF located on the Graduation Information page.
Make sure all pages are presented in correct numerical order and the proper size and orientation; that all tables and figures are present; that all references cited in the text are listed in the Bibliography; that the Table of Contents lists correct page numbers and titles; that bookmarks are created in the PDF; and that all hyperlinks and multimedia objects function properly.
2. Email a copy of your Title Page and Abstract to email@example.com.
4. Pay and email receipt of processing fee.
Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email and provide your Student ID, the academic term, and the amount due ($50). The Student Payment Center will post the fee to your account and will then notify you by your Pitt email when it is added. The charge will appear in PittPAY on the Account Activity tab and you can process the payment on the Payment tab.
5. Email your completed and signed Report on Requirements Form to your departmental student services liaison. RR forms are located on the Pitt Public Health Forms page.
6. Complete the Pitt Public Health Exit Survey.