Learn About the Pitt Genetic Counseling Graduate Program
The video below provides an overview of the Pitt Genetic Counseling Program. We encourage you to view this video, read through the additional resources on this page for prospective students, and review our website.
- Sign up to receive email communication about the school and the program, including info on:
- Attend Pitt Public Health Open House happening each fall
- If you have additional questions after reviewing the overview video and web resources, contact the program to set up a meeting with program leadership or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the admissions cycle from January through April, program leadership will not be available to meet with prospective applicants or provide feedback on applications, but interested individuals can contact the department to speak with students or have questions answered via email.
In October, we will participate in a virtual career fair where we will be available to discuss the program and answer questions from prospective students. Please see information about the Genetic Counseling Virtual Career Fair below.
- Pitt Genetic Counseling Student Blog
- Pitt Genetic Counseling Program Facebook Page
- Pitt Genetic Counseling Program Twitter Page
General Information on Genetic Counseling
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- American Board of Genetic Counseling
- WSRGN Genetic Counseling Career and Training Program Information
Is Genetic Counseling the Profession for You?
Preparing for Admission: Resources
- Brochure developed by the Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors (AGCPD)
- National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC) information for students & prospective genetic counselors
Living in Pittsburgh and Student Life
Relevant Journals and Texts
A Guide to Genetic Counseling. WR Uhlmann, JL Schuette, and BM Yashar (eds.). Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
Facilitating the Genetic Counseling Process. P McCarthy Veach, BS LeRoy, D Bartels. Springer, 2003.
Genetic Counseling Practice. BS Leroy, PM Veach, DM Bartels. Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
Psyche and Helix: Psychological Aspects of Genetic Counseling. S Kessler, RC Resta (ed).Wiley-Liss, 2000.
Psychosocial Genetic Counseling. J Weil. Oxford University Press, 2000.