Engaging Communities, Eliminating Health Disparities, Advancing Social Justice
Since 2011, the Center for Health Equity (CHE) seeks to understand and ultimately eliminate health inequities in under resourced, vulnerable, and underserved communities and populations, particularly those in Western Pennsylvania. CHE addresses issues attributed to institutional racism, builds strategic partnerships across sectors and communities, acknowledges a social equity in all policies perspective, and the public sector's role in achieving health equity for its citizenry.
The Community Research Advisory Board (CRAB) is a group of faculty and community stakeholders that host monthly meetings to provide consultation to researchers interested in engaging community members in research projects. The CRAB aims to ensure that research studies are culturally sensitive and relevant.
- Violence Prevention Initiative
- Health Advocates in Reach
- Black Women and Femmes Health Initiative
- ADDORE Supplement
- Emerging Latinx Communities Group
- Journal Club
- Maternal & Child Health Equity Scholars
- Health Justice Scholars
- Fostering Opportunities to Recognize, Welcome, and Advance Racially Diverse Students